TYR Hurricane Category 5
Over the weekend, I was looking at my Facebook feed and saw some photos from Age Group Nationals in Vermont. What floored me a bit was the fact that so many people were wearing TYR wetsuits, in particular the Cat 5! Being the inquisitive I am, it warranted further investigation.
- The wetsuit is made of the highest grade Yamamoto 39 cell neoprene, with 40 where the red stripes are on the shoulders. This allows for unparalleled flexibility.
- A higher cut on the legs makes this suit extremely easy to put on and take off.
- The wetsuit itself was designed with valuable input from pros such as Andy Potts.
- Over 30 of the top triathletes switched to the Hurricane before it even launched. To name a few, Chrissie Wellington, Andy Potts, Mirinda Carfrae, Hilary Biscay.
- Graded force catch panels – Thick graded panels are strategically aligned on the forearm to allow a catch and pull stroke like a built-in paddle.
- Shoulders feel great
- Core stabilization feature is impressive. The material that ends up wrapping around your core seems to separate the rest of your body, to ensure a proper swim form.
Taking it Off
- Taking off the Hurricane Cat 5 was pretty easy, especially when it’s wet, thanks to the higher cut on the legs.